How We Started
In December 2013, Select Medical, a leading provider of long-term acute care and rehabilitation, announced a partnership with Cedars-Sinai and UCLA Health to create the California Rehabilitation Institute (Cal Rehab). Cal Rehab is a 138-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital that provides specialized medical rehabilitation care and advanced treatment and technologies to individuals rebuilding their life following injury or illness.
In 2021, the Cal Rehab Foundation was formed to empower individuals recovering from a stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, amputation, effects of neurologic disease and other complex medical conditions with hope and confidence.
The Cal Rehab Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to transforming the lives of people with physical disabilities, especially the most vulnerable and underserved members of our community, through charitable giving.
We are deeply grateful for the generosity of our amazing donors and growing community of corporate and individual partners who support our mission. Together, we provide financial assistance, support education and research, and invest in innovative technologies that enable others to benefit from groundbreaking advancements in care.
With a spirit of generosity and gratitude, the Cal Rehab Foundation believes in a world where each person recovering from a life-changing illness or injury receives the financial, medical and community support needed to rebuild their lives.
- We approach our mission with a spirit of hope, generosity and gratitude
- We support advancements in science and rehabilitation medicine that improve quality of life
- We receive inspiration from those who face life-altering challenges with strength and resilience
- We believe every person should receive exceptional, holistic care in a compassionate environment
- We collaborate with community partners to achieve transformative change